Classroom policy is determined by school and school board policy. We follow the guidelines set forth in the Policies and Procedures handbook published by the DeKalb County Board of Education.
*The below policy excludes Dual Enrollment students. See Dual Enrollment page for more information.
100 points will be set for class participation/conduct every 9 weeks:
- ABSOLUTELY NO PHONES OR OTHER ELECTRONIC DEVICES. AT ALL. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- 1st offense - Warning / 5-point deduction / device will be taken for the day
- 2nd offense - The device will be taken up for the month and given to the office for review / additional 10-point deduction plus ISS for a day
- No talking while I am talking, no talking during class discussions (unless you are addressing the class), and no talking while announcements are coming through.
- Be respectful toward me, your fellow classmates, substitutes, other teachers, and staff. Respect means...
- Treating others like you want to be treated.
- Being kind and supportive.
- Treating my property, school property, and others' properties appropriately.
- Participate in class, work, and stay on task. Try your best. This means you cannot sit and do nothing, and you cannot sleep (unless we are waiting for testing to finish). There is always something to read and do.
- Absolutely no cheating! No copying of others' work or copying from online sources. Intentional plagiarism will get a grade of zero. In addition, if students are found to have copied from one another, they will have to split a single grade.
- Verbal warning
- A deduction points
- Break detention with action plan
- ISS (In-school suspension)
- After-school detention